Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Pittsburgh Steeline, the official drumline of the Pittsburgh Steelers. By auditioning, you are taking the first step to becoming a member of Pittsburgh’s entertainment drumline. We perform live from Heinz Field for all Steelers home games as official game-day entertainment. We also perform at various events throughout the Pittsburgh region including Steelers training camp, major area parades, and much more.
Being a member of the Steeline is a once in a lifetime experience for any Pittsburgh-area drummer, and we want you to be a part of it! Aside from making life-long friendships, you will also enjoy many benefits such as free admittance into premier events, meeting Steelers players, and receiving event stipends.
Below, you will find the necessary information regarding this year's auditions. Please be sure to read all information provided, and register for auditions at the “registration” section below. If you have any questions about the audition, email email@example.com
Audition Times and Dates:
Auditionees are expected to attend BOTH audition dates. Please contact us directly if you have a conflict with either of these times, and we will provide information about video auditions.
Sunday, June 7th 2-5 PM
Sunday, June 14th 2-5 PM
Audition Location: Irish Centre of Pittsburgh
Address: 6886 Forward Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
- Auditions are open to anyone 18 or older
- Full-time members must be able to give reasonable assurance that they can attend all Pittsburgh Steelers home-games (Schedule) and weekly, Wednesday night rehearsals at the Irish Center (7:00 PM to 10:00 PM) beginning July 1st, 2015. There will also be a “Steeline Mini-Camp” happening at our rehearsal facility on the weekend of June 19th, 2015, leading up to the start of weekly rehearsals.
- Because full-time membership is highly competitive, some auditionees may be offered the opportunity to become an alternate member. Alternates will have many opportunities to perform and are considered first when a full-time spot becomes available during the year.
- Ideal candidates will...
- Have open availability to attend all Steeline performances and rehearsals including as many side performance events as possible.
- Meet performance expectations by being charismatic and visually engaging.
- Demonstrate a high level of execution and musicianship
1.) ALL auditionees MUST register in order to audition. The link to the registration form is seen in the yellow box.
2.) Pay the audition fee. If you are auditioning for the Steeline for the FIRST time, there will be a $10 registration fee. This fee is payable on-site at the first audition via cash or check (checks made payable to “The Pittsburgh Steeline”). Auditionees can also pay in advance via PayPal (PayPal email: PGHSteeline@gmail.com).
All auditionees will be expected to prepare the following material as part of the rehearsal-style auditions. Also be prepared to perform all material in front of your peers...
Sunday, June 7th
Legatos 1 & 2 and Burgh Builders
- *make sure to check the "special instructions" folder in the download material area.
Sunday, June 14th
Review, GT diddle (no flam), and Steel Spree Check
Personal Interview: one of the Steeline directors will sit down with you for a brief personal interview about your background, experience, and approach to being a musician/entertainer.
Be prepared to perform "30 seconds of anything"
(there are no additional details for this. Be creative!)
if you have tech issues, questions or concerns - email PGHsteeline@gmail.com