Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Pittsburgh Steeline. By auditioning, you are taking the first step to becoming a member of Pittsburgh’s premier entertainment drumline. We perform before, during, and after Pittsburgh Steelers games as official game-day entertainment. Being a member of the Steeline is a once in a lifetime experience for any Pittsburgh-area drummer, and we want you to be a part of it! Below, you will find the necessary information regarding this year's auditions. Please be sure to read all information provided, and register for auditions at the “registration” section below. If you have any questions about the audition, email email@example.com
Details concerning audition location, dates, and times are listed below. Auditionees are expected to attend BOTH audition dates. Please contact us directly if you have a conflict with either of these times, and we will provide information about video auditions.
Sunday, June 8th - 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday, June 22nd - 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Audition Location: Irish Centre of Pittsburgh
Address: 6886 Forward Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
What to Expect:
- Auditions are open to anyone 18 or older
- Individuals who are between the ages of 18 and 21 will be auditioning for *alternate status
- Full-time membership is reserved for individuals 21 or older
- Potential full-time members must be able to give reasonable assurance that they will attend all Pittsburgh Steeline events including the 2014 Steelers home-games (Schedule) and weekly, Wednesday night rehearsals at the Irish Center (7:00 PM to 10:00 PM) beginning June 25th, 2014.
- Because full-time membership is highly competitive, some auditionees over 21 may be offered the opportunity to become a member as alternate status. Also know that alternates are considered first when a full-time spot becomes available during the year.
Ideal candidates will...
- Have open availability to attend all Steeline performances and rehearsals
- Meet performance expectations by being charismatic and visually engaging
- Demonstrate a high level of execution and musicianship
*Alternates would have to attend certain Steeline rehearsals leading up to an event they will be performing at, and must be able to keep up with the music on their own throughout the season...
1.) ALL auditionees MUST register in order to audition. The link to the registration form is seen in the yellow box.
2.) Pay the audition fee. If you are auditioning for the Steeline for the FIRST time, there will be a $10 registration fee. This fee is payable on-site at the first audition via cash or check (checks made payable to “The Pittsburgh Steeline”).
Specific Audition Preparation:
All auditionees will be expected to prepare the following material as part of the rehearsal-style auditions. Also be prepared to perform all material in front of your peers...
Sunday, June 8th
Variation 1 and 2, Burgh Builders up to letter C, and Three Rivers
Sunday, June 22nd
Review, Steel Spree check, & Start Steel City
One on One Audition:
Personal Interview: One of the Steeline directors will sit down with you for a brief personal interview about your background, experience, and approach to being a musician/entertainer.
Be prepared to perform 30 seconds of anything ...be creative!
Download Audition Material Here...
if you have tech issues, questions or concerns - email PGHsteeline@gmail.com